What is Biostatistics?
Statistical reasoning and methods for application to research on human health.
Advances in statistical methods have improved our ability to draw valid conclusions from the ever increasing sources of medical and patient data.
Statistical designs and analytic methods enable health scientists, medical professionals, government, and pharmaceutical companies to efficiently acquire knowledge and draw valid conclusions.
- Designing research studies
- Experimental design
- Sample size estimates
- Statistical power calculations
- Designing data collection systems and instruments
- Data entry and validation
- Data management and quality assurance
- Statistical analysis and data interpretation
- Professional and scientific report-writing and manuscript review